One of the largest Social Network, twitter with 248 million monthly active users, provides plenty of scope for advertisement. A study from DigitasLBi discovered that 20% of Americans would consider purchasing via social networks. To tap the advertising market and expand its scope with large number of users, twitter has many ways to promote products and services. Let’s look at the top 5 ways to promotes products and services on Twitter.
- Use Images and videos:Pictures are worth thousand words. Tweets with images and videos are nearly as twice as likely to be retweeted, says Dan Zeralla’s analysis on over 400,000 tweets: Few more seconds invested in your tweet to attach photo and video will :
- Help you to get more followers
- Help you to get more click through rate
- Help you to get more retweets.
- Offer discounts or special deals to twitter followers:People love discounts, freebies or coupons. By running a twitter contest such as first 100 people to retweet or posting a picture or video of themselves in the store or using the product will get a free delivery or 50 percent discount.
- Promoted tweet:Twitter launched a “Promoted Tweet” feature in 2010 to provide a value in advertiser’s tweets by putting their tweet on top of other users’ tweets and labeling them with word “Promoted Tweet”. After an advertiser pays for their placement on twitter for the promoted tweet, it will appear in a user’s timeline only if the tweet is likely to be interesting and relevant to that user.
In every other aspect, Promoted Tweets act as regular Tweets that can be retweeted, replied to, favorited and more. It shouldn’t be spam to trick people to click the link. You should accurately target your audience otherwise it could cost you time and money. Just as you do in regular tweeting, always keep your promoted tweets fresh. In other words, if you want to give a same message to the target audience, find a different ways to present it.
- Twitter Offer:Twitter Offers represent a new way for marketers to measure the effectiveness of their campaigns across channels, according to Tarun Jain, group product manager at Twitter.
To use Twitter offers, Advertisers need to create credit-card-connected promotions, and share them with users directly in their timelines. With their credit cards, users can redeem the new “Twitter Offers” in stores without the need for a coupon or numerical code.
- Twitter Buy:About two months ago, Twitter began rolling out a “buy” button in tweets. People get exclusive twitter offers and merchandise they can’t get anywhere else and can act on them right in the twitter app. After tapping the “buy” button, customer gets additional information about product and be prompted to enter shipping and payment information. Once that’s entered and confirmed, customer’s order information is sent to the merchant for delivery.
With 500 million tweets per day, twitter earned 320$ billion in Q3 2014 making it one of the largest advertising platform in digital media. 75% of its revenue comes from the mobile devices. Twitter is confident that Offers will scale quickly, particularly because it requires little from participating merchants. “They can use their existing payment network, with no change to the consumer purchase process, no employee training and no new hardware or software to install,” Jain explained.